Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Week In The Life (Days 9-15)

Got away from me blog did. Happen again will not.




Wednesday, May 11
Happy Birthday, Papa!


Today was Papa's birthday, so we headed out to the farm with Grandma for a roadside picnic. Aside from the killer gnats (I forgot about this favorite part of spring...) it was actually a beautiful day. We hung out with Jeffy, too, and nosed on some of Grandma's favorite homemade pizza and chippies. After the boys got back to work, we headed back to Grandma's for a breif nap. Really, REALLY brief. And then headed to the Oakford Park for a bit before the rain finally rolled in. We made a quick stop at the Herb Cottage in Oakford and then headed home.

On a random side note, Stella was complaining all afternoon that her 'tummy hurt.' This stuff always freaks me out because I am never sure if Stella actually knows what it means when her tummy hurts or if she is just saying it. But she soon proved that she knows her body when she gifted me with not one, not two...but five explosive diapers throughout the afternoon. Aren't you glad you read this blog?

Thursday, May 12

This is why I need to stay on top of this blog. I can honestly say I have no recollection of anything on did on this day whatsoever. Nothing. Did I sleep through this day? Seriously. if you remember talking to me on this day...please...let me know.



Friday, May 13


Today was a busy day for the girls. First, we headed out to "The Farm" to buy something for Grandma Jane's birthday. Stella loves it here, because not only do they have a cottage full of really great garden stuff, herbs, antiques and etc. but they have one of the most amazing gardens ever. I would highly recommend the trip...it's just shy of Petersburg if you are coming from Springfield. They have chickens, cats and horses as well, so Stella adores just running around there. After our trip we met up with Grandma and headed to Springfield to check out the auction. I fell in love with a great corner cabinet (which I actually won, thanks to Cathie going to bid for me!) She has gotten me addicted to auctions. Later we met up with the whole fam-dam at Gabatoni's for dinner. That joint is a favorite and is ALWAYS packed. But it doesn't matter....I do think it is some of the best pizza around. Happy 88th birthday, Mary Jane!!


Check out more about The Farm.


The Weekend (May 14/15)


I started this blog with the intention of keeping track of the day to day things that I have the pleasure of enjoying, mostly as they pertain to the time I spend with Stella. As she grows by leaps and bounds everyday, I have to remind myself to take time to not take one single moment for granted. And sometimes, things happen in our lives that remind us just how important that is.


On Saturday morning, after what was most surely one of the most courageous and awe-inspiring battles I have ever seen, Jake's Aunt Paula passed away. It was a moment in time that, among other things, reminded me how short our time is. And how we have to cherish every moment...Paula always did. And I hope that Stella has some of that somewhere inside of her, because it would be an awesome gift from her Aunt P. (Almost as awesome as the handmade blocks she made her.) We will miss you, Paula.


Fittingly, it rained most of the weekend. I braved a garage sale or two: scored Cathie a swing set for the house and got myself Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" among other things. Thanks, Becky!


We hung out close to home, just kind of enjoying each other's company. The highlight of the day was a family nap in the hammock - even though it was so cold outside we were all huddled under a comforter! We headed to Springfield and shopped with Maria for awhile before meeting up with Nana, Jeff and Bobby for dinner at Little Saigon. Nice.


Sunday we celebrated Luc Gallina's birthday at the bowling alley...and Stella bowled for the first time. It was awesome. Even though she would have rather danced on her "stage" all night instead of pushing a ball off of a ramp. But, she did beat me. I royally....ROYALLY suck at bowling.


It was a great weekend.


Monday, May 16


Another brief post. Today was Stella's last day at her day care for the summer, so I jam packed it with activity. I mowed the lawn and spent most of my day at the doctor. Baby looks good! I would post pictures here, but I don't want to hog Stella's blog. The best part of my day was my GREENERY from Monty's...easily my favorite sandwhich in Springfield. It is the only time I order what I am sure is the healthiest thing on the menu and is also the thing I crave. After my fantastic lunch, we met the fam at the auction house and hauled our new cabinet home! I love it!


Tuesday, May 17


Yay for boring days! Stella and I hung around the home place for most of the day. I mean...we did all the really exciting stuff we usually do (got gas....got groceries...that's how we roll.) After a long afternoon's nap we headed out to Jeff and Bobby's where Luke and Stella played while Aunt Robyn and I painted. Then we all had a great dinner off the grill. I am currently totally motivated to paint. We are planning out painting the outside of the house this summer, but I am now debating painting the dining room as well. This is what happened when I am bored and at home a lot. I do things. Crazy things. And because of my current limitations, I might be painting everything. let me know if you need something spruced up!


Coming tomorrow...the farmer's market! FINALLY!







No comments:

Post a Comment