Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Fine Tuesday (Day Twenty Two)

Today was a pretty chill day. Stella and ai got an early jump on things and headed to Havana to grocery shop. I actually clipped coupons AND made a list. (I;m turning into Jake.)

We hung out at the Pamida for awhile. Anyone unfamiliar with Pamida? I was, too, before finding one in Havana. The first time I walked in...I descirbed it as such: it was like there had been some big end of the world type disaster, and a group of people had wrangled up all the odds and ends they could find that were still in good enough shape to sell and put them in one old building to sell for cheap. And I mean that in the nicest way. Not sure where else I could find Stel a cute pair of shoes for $2. But I digress...I let Stella pick out a toy from the toy aisle, and much to my surprise (not really) she picked a microphone. You know, one of those plastic sound amplifying ones? She has a bout 17. Well, 18.

We stopped to see Grandma and visit for awhile, and grabbed some steaks for dinner - Jakey was having a craving. Came back to the house and had a really nice, chill afternoon. And a kick ass steak dinner.

Kids Say The Darndest Things

I figured I should start keeping track of the funny things Stella say, because she says them...a lot.

Lately, Stella has become infected with the infamous terrible twos. And let me tell you, they are terrible. Turrrrible. And she can whine like it is going out of style. Sometimes, I will catch her watching herself in the mirror "practicing" her pouting and whining. So, I have decided (mostly for my own sanity and especially when we are stuck together all day) that I would have to try the ignore tactic. So when Stella is crying, whining and verging on an all-out fit, I just say, "Ok, Stella. I'm not talking to you. When you are ready to talk like a big girl, you come and talk to me." And then I leave.

This seems to be working...for short spurts.

Yesterday, after I began ignoring Stel, she came and found me and asked, "Mommy? You talking now? You talking to me now, Mommy? You happy? Smile, mommy!" This is accompanied with ridiculous smatherings of over the top cuteness and goofy faces.

I'm in some serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment