Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tuesday, Tuesday. (Day Eight)

Today was a strange and kinda lonely one.

I had stayed in Springfield over night because I had a 7:30am orthodontist appointment. It's always fun to have "sleepovers" with my mom, even if it is NOT fun to have to wake up at 6:45.

I made it to my orthodontist for my 5 minute appointment. He was very impressed that I had "been wearing my retainer every night...I can tell." Really? Can you? Try twice a week...ooops. And after that I checked in with Jake and Stella. Stella was managing to survive (she had fallen in the rocks the night beforeat Luke's baseball game) and she was very anxious to tell me all about her battle scars. I am telling you...if you didn't know better you would think I beat my child. She looks like she has been mountain climbing or something. I just have to be content that my little bruiser will be covered in scrapes and scratches for most of her life. If she is cool with it, I guess I can be, too.

I made a quick run to Schnuck's for some groceries, but mostly because my good friend Mary had informed me the night before that they carried the "no calorie" noodles I had been reading about. While they weren't the exact brand I had been researching, I did manage to find them and buy a few packs. They look absolutely freaky weird, but I will give them a go and report later.

I made it home to an empty house...still very weird. Stella was at her babysitter for a few more hours. (We have been gradually pulling her out now that I am done with most of my school stuff...but she loves it!) I spent the next four hours power washing the house. I don't know if you have ever power washed, but it is harder than it looks. Luckily, since it was 90 degrees, I managed to just stay soaking wet the whole time. Once I finished, I went to get Stella and she came home and hung out in her pool for a little while. She loves her pool and I am always amazed at how 6 inches of water can provide so much entertainment. I, for one, am ready for the REAL pools to be open. Let's do this, summer.

We toweled off and watched (you guessed it) Finding Nemo. Jake made it home and I grilled out some chicken and veggies which we ate on the deck...it was a lovely night.

Stella headed to bed and I forced Jake to endure Dancing With The Stars before we headed outside to chill in the hammock. I was distressed, however, when despite the lighting of millions of citronella candles and torches, the bugs were all but FLOCKING to the hanging lanterns on the breezeway...ruining my amazing power washing and my mood. I really hate bugs. I tried to ignore them, but my hammock date just turned into me laying down and daydreaming about all the different ways I like to kill bugs. Sick. I have put off the Terminix call long enough. You brought this on yourselves, lake bugs.

1 comment: