Monday, May 23, 2011

Havana Rocks! (Day Seventeen)

Feeling a trend coming on?



Once again, I have to brag about an outlying town that has some undiscovered charm and good eats. Stella and I travelled to Havana today for lunch with Grandma Cathie and Grandma Jane. "Grandpas" is an adorable bakery/ice cream shop/restaurant that has quickly become one of my faves. It has a quirky menu for a small town joint, too. Today...I had the 'adult' grilled cheese: goat cheese, tomato and bacon on wheat. It was delish. If you are ever in the area (I know, I know) you should check it out!



After a great lunch we headed to food shop at the County Market. Stella was in heaven. She had not one, not two but three people to try to convince to buy crap. Case in point: I asked her if she wanted strawberries. She did not, but she did want the little shortcake cups on display nearby. Once I shut her down, she asked both grandmas. And after little success, she just dropped them into Grandma Cathie's basket. (I swiped them when she wasn't looking.)



I made some rather kick-butt enchiladas for dinner (super easy....as in, super) and Robyn came over to join us for dinner and to help me paint the dining room. Remember how I told you I get bored easily? Yeah...see below.









No comments:

Post a Comment